Monday, February 22, 2010

Life and its problems...

"Kevin, You just don't understand... I have so much going on right now I don't have for myself. I have a family crisis that needs my undivided attention. My mom is on her death bed and my finances are in trouble. I don't have time to think about fitness!!!"

I have heard this so many times, that I can recite it by memory. I understand stress more than you think. I have dealt with more stress over the last 12 months than most have dealt with over their lifetime. What I have found out guys is this... You need time for yourself. You need time to rewind. You need time to refuel yourself. What better way of doing that then working out. But before we look at that, let's look at some other possibilities.

You could...
1) constantly complain about your problems to everyone. At first it may get you sympathy but in the end those same people will begin to rebel against you because they will sense the same old same old coming from you. At first you may feel good but in the end you will becomes a burden to those people or you may begin to get frustrated that what once made you feel good no longer does.
2) drink yourself into a stupor. Now do I need to go here. There is nothing good about this. All you are doing is feeling sorry about yourself and remember alcohol is a depressant so you will get even more depressed.
3) you can eat. Some people call this comfort food. Well, at first it is but then a few weeks later when you look in the mirror, what do you see... more of you. Then you get really depressed because you are bigger than you were just a few weeks ago. Which can cause a whole other group of health problems.
4) you can workout. Now I am not talking about Olympic training type workouts. What I am referring to is something in the morning or during the day that will give you the ability to just spend time with yourself and give you body something good to remember. Working out is a great stress reliever. I know that in my life every time I get stressed I find myself fighting the urge to hide or eat or complain and find myself going to do even just a little workout. After I am done with it... It is not that the problem has gone away.... It is however, that I can think thru it much better... and in some cases find out that in the end everything may just be OK.

Put 30 minutes aside for yourself... you won't regret it. That I guarantee!!!

No comments: