“A champion is built off season”. How many of us have heard this and how many of us have lived by that saying?
What frustrates me is every year I get a few high school kids coming in 2 weeks before their season starts and they want me to get them in shape. On every occasion my response to their request is, “I’ll get you in shape for next year but this year is too late, I should have seen you last year.”
So let me just put this out there;
1) If you want to excel at sports don’t wait until the last possible moment to get yourself prepared for that sport. Your training should start a few weeks after that season is over.
2) If you really want to excel in a particular sport, only concentrate on that sport. Yes, you can be a jack of all trades, but many have not achieved greatness by doing too much.
3) Never let rejection stop you from achieving what you set out to achieve. I know of many who have been cut from teams and a few years later find themselves playing on a Division 1 team or even the pro’s.
4) Develop a hard work ethic. One that surpasses even your own ideas. Let nothing stop you from perfecting your skill.
5) Do not follow the ways of the world. The world wants us all to get along and be average. If you want to be champion, you can’t be average. Leave average to second place.
6) Never settle for where you are but always strive to do better, regardless if you win or not.
7) We all have physical setbacks. A champion doesn’t let those setbacks allow them to lose focus on their final goal… being number one.
8) Surround yourself with people (professionals) that can help you get to where you want to get to. Don’t hang out with people that aren’t focused or disciplined enough to make a difference.
9) Develop a strategy and stick to it. Let no one deter your from it including family members.
10) Make “giving up” not part of your vocabulary. But continually push through until you achieve the prize you set out for.
Well here are 10 real important things that a person must follow to achieve greatness.