Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Ken and Barbie doll syndrome

Media tells us that for us to be attractive we need to look like Ken or Barbie. Women need to have the 36,24,36 figure and men need to have that 40 inch chest and 28 inch waist and 8 pack abs. But is this really what makes us attractive? Is this really realistic? Can everyone look like those dolls?

As we all know we are all different. Not one of use is alike in anyway. I was watching the Ms Universe pageant a few years back and this issue of beauty came up at my house. I was sitting on the couch and watching these ladies strut their stuff and I noticed something, every nationality had a different body type. I noticed that the Chinese woman was much more slender thru the hips and glutes. She was built more straight up and down. The woman from Africa was fuller in the hip and leg regions. The woman from Sweden and Brazil tended to be taller and full figured and the woman from the US was a little shorter and tended to have slender hips. But every one of them was very attractive. I did notice one other thing; none of them looked like Barbie and those that did never made it to the semi finals or finals.

In this American culture we have men and women that are trying to look like something they are just not suppose to look like. We have men and women that are trying to be something they are just not suppose to be and it is causing a lot of people have huge identity crisis’s and others to try and take drastic measures and jeopardize their health. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that we should stop striving to be the best we can be. But what I am saying is that instead of trying to be someone else… be yourself whatever that may look like.

Now for my lazy readers, that should not give you the excuse to say, “See I am who I am” and not strive for perfection. That is a lame and lazy excuse which should not even be entertained. Remember you should always strive to be your very best. There is freedom in being healthy and not in having to be slave to medications know that.

Fitness goes beyond outward appearance. Healthy fitness starts from the inside and bubbles outward. It starts with proper nutrition and exercise and trust me the outward appearance will come. Don’t try and take short cuts they always lead to dead ends. Work hard and stay focused because the benefits are incredible, trust me I know.

No comments: