Monday, December 30, 2013

Proudest 2013 moments...

You would think at this time I would turn the spot light on myself and tell you all I accomplished but you are wrong. The proudest moments of the year have taken a while to come to fluision but I consider them achievements that I could never top. What I am referring to are all those people that came to me last January and asked for my help in their lifestyle changing. Ok so who are they. In no particular order here they are:

Carley: She came to me after having surgery and asked for me to help her lost over 100 pounds of unwanted weight. At first I was a little concerned that she would stick to it but after 12 months she has lost 134 pounds and now we are talking about the next step in her fitness and health. Way to go Carley!

Ruth: Just the other day she text me a picture of what she looked like just 12 months ago and at first I did not know who that was that text me. I even responded back to her, “I want to help you. Please let me.” And her reply was, “Kevin, it me Ruth”. I was shocked. She looked totally different, big time.

Bill: After walking into my office and sitting down and talking with me, I did not think he would have survived the last 6 months, but he did and 134 pound later he is feeling better about himself and we have become good friends. Now exercise is part of his life. We talk everyday and now I have been elevated from his personal trainer to his life coach. Thanks Bill.

Ted: After hearing about his family history, he did not want to end like his dad did and for the last year he has worked hard and lost over 90 pounds and he tells me that he never felt so good nor has his golf game been so good.

Dr Tom: My 81 year young member. He came to me frail but willing to really give me his best. Now he is doing things that 81 year old men should not be doing. He has inspired me to know that if I get that old I can still do what I do and at a high level. He has inspired me to on so many levels.

Tom Mount: What can I say? Here is another 81 year young man that has survived longer than most of his friends. He has shown me sides of life and things in his life that he has gone thru and still shows me a positive attitude. He challenges me to keep a positive attitude and I thank him for that.

Andy: He came to me with so many health issues that if I listed them all it would take me 700 words. However, he has followed my lead and I remember him telling me, “Hey Kevin, last night was the first night I actually got 8 hours of continuous sleep and without my machine.” It took it a while to sink into my little brain but what he told me was that his sleep apnea was getting better and all because of his exercising. Now, a year later, he walks everywhere. It is not uncustomary to see him walking around town for hours and putting in at least 10 miles a day. His dad tells me that he walks everywhere. This was something he did not do for years.

Jackie: She came to me a few years ago and I have seen such a change in her attitude since the beginning of this last year. She now craves exercise and is not afraid to tell her friends about it. She has an attitude of not giving up and fight the good fight. Failure is just not an option to her anymore and she now looks at her own health as priority 1 in her own life. She thinks that is it so important that her husband is now thinking about doing something about his health. Every one she comes around feels her excitement and wants a piece of it. She inspires all she touches around her. She has lost over 80 pounds.

Bill: His life has been stressful for years. I don’t even know the half of it. However, when I met him he tells me that there are a lot of medical issues in his family and he needs to be there for them and keep strong. He, himself, has ultra high blood pressure and has been trying to get it under control for years now. Now thru the diet and exercise it seems to be under better control and just for giggles he also lost 50 pounds over the last year.

Linda: It has been a struggle for some time now and trying to get her to concentrate on herself has become an almost impossible task, but just the other day we had a breakthrough and I believe that now she is going to make every effort to now concentrate on herself and break down those barriers that have been keeping her down for so many years now. Linda has called me her life coach and last year she lost over 70 pounds.

Kathy: When she came to me self-esteem was not even though about. Can you say non-existant. I remember her break through and the tears that were shed and the words that were finally spoken. Once we broke down those barriers she began to drop weight and now she has lost 115 pounds and exercise has now become part of her life. Better yet, now she is not afraid to try anything once. By her gaining confidence in her athletic ability it has shown itself in her everyday life and people are beginning to notice. She has gained a no found respect from everyone she touches now.

Lisa: I worked with her for one year and she has done something that even went further than just a thank you could ever, she told her friends about me and they have joined the Parker Place Community. Thank you for the faith you have put in me to help just not you but your friends.

Here are just a few of the people that I have helped over the last year and I am excited to see what happens next year.

No comments: