Friday, April 14, 2017

Lifts your mood

50 Reasons to exercise (Lift your mood)

How many times have we gotten up in the morning and felt as though it was just going to be one of those days. Nothing seemed to be going right and good ole murphy was having breakfast with you. How many times did we finish a day of work and ask ourselves why we even went in to begin with. The boss yelled at us. The employees were complaining about something. There was more month than money and thru all this the stress was killing us on so many levels that your mood may have gone from happy to sad in the manner of Nano seconds.

There have been studies done that have shown and proven that exercise, when in the midst of a depression can lift your mood. We have a chemical in our body that is released by our glans that makes us feel much better and brings about a feeling that in the end swings our doom and gloom to happy and confident.

I know for myself that on those days that I have a bad day or things are just not going right I will go and get some exercise in and my whole attitude changes. Exercise allows me to get out of my own head and concentrate on something else, which in the end, benefits both my mind and body. Also I find that exercise allows me to logically think thru my issues. I can’t even tell you how many times, when in the midst of a complicated problem, a solution has come to my mind that has solved the problem at hand.

Exercise is also one of the most effective ways to improve your mental health. Regular exercise can have a profoundly positive impact on depression, anxiety, ADHD, and more. It also relieves stress, improves memory, helps you sleep better, and boosts overall mood.

Studies show that exercise can treat mild to moderate depression as effectively as antidepressant medication—but without the side-effects, of course. In addition to relieving depression symptoms, research also shows that maintaining an exercise schedule can prevent you from relapsing.
Exercise is a powerful depression fighter for several reasons. Most importantly, it promotes all kinds of changes in the brain, including neural growth, reduced inflammation, and new activity patterns that promote feelings of calm and well-being. It also releases endorphins, powerful chemicals in your brain that energize your spirits and make you feel good. Finally, exercise can also serve as a distraction, allowing you to find some quiet time to break out of the cycle of negative thoughts that feed depression.

I have noticed that when I am under a lot of stress my muscles tense up. My lower back hurts. I get a low migraine headache and my neck hurts. On some occasions my blood pressure will go sky high (some cases 180-105) and I need some way to reduce the stress. Most people go and take drugs, but there are side effects to all that medication. Whereas with exercise there are no chemical side effects like there would be if I was taking medications. After exercising, I feel 100% better and ready to tackle any stresses that may come my way.


I highly recommend exercise. It will change your mood on so many levels.

No comments: