Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The process... liquid consumption

u local my home videos photos local voices add a local voice post my local voice most recent highest rated most viewed top favorites most comments sets Categoriesmembers message board Best of u local Homepage U LOCAL MY HOME VIDEOS PHOTOS LOCAL VOICES MEMBERS GROUPS Welcome, Kevin_Ellis my home my home sign outadvanced Search video photo local voice member message sets .. The Process... Liquid Consumption 4 days ago Uploaded By: Kevin_Ellis 4 days ago Comments: 0 Tags: health .Category: health I am a true believer that we consume way too much water. Yes, the purpose of our consumption of water is to flush our system. Yes, we need water just to survive, but we have taken it to higher levels. Mary has been a member at my gym for years now and just recently she and I had a conversation about her weight problem. She tells me that she has really changed her dietary habits and she no longer drinks soda. She tells me that all she drinks now is water morning, noon and night. She is frustrated though, she cannot seem to lose any more weight and she is really about ready to give up. For a period of two weeks after our initial conversation I watch Mary and she was right, she really works out hard while she is in the gym and when I looked at her food journal it looks really good. Then what is the problem? To me it was clear but to many others, they would probably never get it, she consumed too much water. After two weeks I confronted Mary and asked her some questions. Mary why is it that when we go on a 10 minute run you have to have water with you? When we do a 20 minute workout you have to have water with you? Everything you do whether it is for 10 minutes of 30 minutes, you have to have water with you? She looked baffled and her response was, “Am I not suppose to drink water now?” Water wasn’t the problem it was the over consumption of it. I don’t think that Mary would die if she did a workout without taking 12 breaks to get water, so we tried that and just as I thought the weight came off and she actually felt better at the end of each work out. Now here is the problem, we are replacing the fluids in our body quicker than we are using them and well, aren’t we defeating our purpose? I had Mary try something and I want you to try this too. Instead of drinking constantly throughout the work out wait until the end, if you work out is 30 minutes or less, and trust me you will feel better for it. In the end you will be consuming less water but giving your body the liquid it needs. Now onto another matter… soda and alcohol. These things are just plain bad for us. I was listening to a ranger the other day and he was talking about how the shapes of rocks are formed and one of the things he said really has an effect on the formation of rocks is Carbonic Acid. Then he asked us a question which blew my mind, “Where else do we us this acid?” The answer… Soda. Well that is enough for me. If that acid is eroding the earth and the rock formations imagine what it is doing to my body, to your body? And let’s not get on the subject of alcohol. I’ll just say that I see no real good benefit to pickling my liver, ruining my brain cells and destroying my kidneys. My next blog will be on step 5… Smoking and tobacco products. .

No comments: