Monday, July 14, 2014

#5 Exercise you do on an empty stomach…


Bad bad bad! Did I say bad? Have you ever worked out or done anything on an empty stomach and in the middle of what you were doing felt a sick feeling? There is this belief that if you work out on an empty stomach you will lose weight faster. That can’t be any further from the truth. It is quite the opposite, by eating regularly in right portions, your body will lose the excess weight faster than if you did not eat before a strenuous activity. Why is that?
In the many years of working with people I could always tell when someone had not eaten before a work out with me. How I could tell is that their body would literally shut down on them and they would feel sick to their stomach, dizzy or just plain ill. When you are doing any type of intense activity the body needs to be able to tap into the fuel source when needed. Without that source the body begins the shut down process because it thinks it needs to survive. You would think that it the body would just go to those extra storage units to get the fuel it needs but quit the opposite. The stomach finishes the breakdown process and the small intestine distributes the fuel to where it needs to go. If there is no fuel there, we will feel sick and weak
A few weeks ago I was working with a person and I noticed that they began to get really slow and the color was really leaving their face. I stopped them in the middle of the workout and asked them if they had eaten and they told me no. I immediately stopped the work out and gave them something to eat. After eating the pretzels I gave them they told me that they felt better and could finish the workout and they did with no problem. They asked me why they had that nauseous feeling and I told them that the body needed some fuel to get thru the intense activity and there was none to be had so it began to shut you down. By eating the pretzels I gave them, it gave the body the ability to tap into some fuel to continue and feel confident that it could finish the activity. Look at it this way. Even if you fill your car up and then fill the canisters and put those in the trunk of your car. If you drive your tank dry your car will still stop running, even if you have excess gas in the trunk of your car. Without it being in the tank (the stomach) the car really has no way to utilize it.
Always have something before your do any intense activity. You will get much better results than if you didn’t.

No comments: