Monday, December 2, 2013

The Day after Thanksgiving...

It is now a few days after Thanksgiving and now you are focused on Christmas. Statistics have shown that people, on the average gain anywhere from 10 to 15 pounds at this time of year and all because our focus is off of our health and onto the hustle and bustle of gift giving and receiving. What should you do at this time to keep both your mind and your body in shape at this time of year and not be the average?

I have noticed that this year has been especially hard on me and my health. For some strange reason my left knee has been hurting me to a point where I really can’t get the quality of workout I so want to do on the track and because of that I see my weight increasing ever so slightly. I have called several people to give me some insight on what I should do but every person I have spoken to has told me nothing I already don’t know or have tried. So what am I doing now to fight the good fight and keep my weight in check and my body prime?

No, I am not taking any supplements or binging, but what I am doing is really watching my fuel intake. I only eat a regimented times and nothing in between. I am looking for every extra opportunity to get in some additional workout time and getting the rest that, at this time of year, most may forget about.

I recommend you all do the same thing. I am not saying to not enjoy the holiday season, but what I am saying is that you need to stay mindful of what you are consumption and remember that for every bit of fuel you intake there needs to be an opposite reaction and that is energy use.

Enjoy your day…

No comments: