Saturday, January 3, 2015

To cleans or not to cleans, that is the question


I was speaking to a member today and she tells me that this is the beginning of the year and she wants to do a cleans. She asked me what I would use. I told her that I would probably not use anything and my reasoning is simple… I will not do anything nor will I put anything in my body that I would not consume for life. Let me explain.
The problem that we all encounter is that we look for the quick fix. In most cases, most of the products out there work, but in the long run do they really? I don’t think so. I believe that they help us lose weight initially but is it really about weight loose or is it about getting in better fitness shape?
Ask yourself a question… If you lost a lot of inches but never lost a single pound, would you really care how much you weighed? The person who is being truthful and realistic would say that they would not care if they ever lost a pound if they knew that they lost those unwanted inches. We are so consumed with our weight that we lose sight of what really is important, our inches.
I told her that in the end, she needs to change her overall diet and stay consistent with her consumption and exercise. I told her not to fall into the trap of buying a product that in the end will get her a quick fix because it may work at first, but in the end when she goes back to her original diet, she will only get heavier.
If you don’t believe me, look at our society today. Enough said.

No comments: