Monday, November 25, 2013

Diet Soda... The best thing for us!


Where to start… Over the past several years I have been doing some research on the effects of diet soda on our system and here are my findings. In a nut shell it is by far the worst thing you can ever have to drink and especially if you are one of those gullible people who think that drinking regular sodas are the worst thing ever because of the natural sugar content, hold onto your seat and put down that Diet, Zero no Sugar soda because what I am about to share with you will upset your stomach and make you think next time you go to a store or a restaurant to order that “diet” soda.

I was talking to one of my employees and they brought something up to me that they wanted me to read. It was about the possible link between Multiple Sclerosis and Systemic Lupus with diet soda. As she discussed her findings she brought up the fact that in diet soda the one thing they market and show pride on is that it doesn’t have regular sugar but a chemical called “aspartame” and this was suppose to be the substitute to our sugar problem because you did not need as much to taste the sweetness. They have marketed it for years as the best substitute out there and “ZERO CALORIES” (Don’t get me started on that!).

However, first let me say that back in the day I was a big soda drinker and I thought it never had any effect on my system until I remember my surgeon telling me that when he went in to repair my patella tendon he noticed how dry it was and asked me if I drank a lot of soda. I blew him off and continued my habit until a few years back when I decided to go off the soda as a dear from my kids. I found that after a few weeks of being off the soda, I had no more cramps, nor was I straining any of my muscles, and I felt really strong. One thing I did go thru though, withdrawal. For several days I had a nagging headache that just would not go away until I had another soda and magically that headache went away. Once that happened the light bulb in my head went on and that was the last soda I had. It has been several years now and my body has thanked me in so many ways.

Kristina, the lady whose article I read, had a sister that was in a lot of pain and so sick that she just knew she was dying. She put her house, bank accounts, life insurance, etc, in her oldest daughter’s name and made sure that her younger children were to be taken care of. She had one thing that she wanted to do before her death and that was to go to Florida. She planned that trip for March 22. Kristina says that she called her sister on March 19th to see if she got her test results back and she told Kristina that the doctor believes that she has MS. Kristina goes on to say that she remember talking to a friend about drinking diet soda and what the possible effects could be to your system. So she told her sister to stop drinking soda and Kristina forwarded the email to her. After her sister read the article, she immediately stopped drinking diet soda and passed the article on to her doctor who immediately contacted all of his patients that he had diagnosed with Lupus or MS and he had one question for them… Do you or have you drank a lot of diet soda before the diagnosis? The majority of them stated that they had and were still doing it.

After telling her doctor and after being off of soda for over 2 days she tells Kristina that her systems started to come back and she did not feel as tired. To make a long story short, when she went to Florida and the cool thing was that she could walk, when just days prior she was being fitted for a wheel chair.

There have been major studies done on this topic of Diet soda and our body and I believe that one of the reasons why we have not heard much about it in the media is because, well, money. If you pay the right people, it’s amazing how much stuff never gets out. Well in my next blog, I will be revealing the results of some of these studies. Enjoy your day and STAY AWAY FROM THE SODA!

No comments: