Thursday, November 21, 2013

An appology?


Just recently I was asked to apologize for a blog I had written some time ago about holding ourselves accountable to our families, especially our children, when it comes to our overall health. In this blog I also called out men to step up to the plate and get themselves in much better shape than they are currently in, because our future generations only follow our lead and if we are in poor health, it doesn’t give them much hope of achieving much more. How embarrassing is it when you have to have someone else teach your children how to ride a bike or have someone else teach your children the fundamentals of a given sport that maybe you participated in when you were younger. How embarrassing is it when your children follow after other famous athletes because, well, you just don’t cut the mustard any more.
Well, an apology I will not give and here are my reasons why…


• In this life we have made it so that anyone who challenges another to improve on anything is shunned and told that being average is all we need to shoot for. Imagine if our past generations had settled for just being average where we would be today, or not be for that matter. Imagine if MLK did not step out and just accepted the fate of people of color or if JFK decided that going to the moon was just not possible. Many laughed at those men but look at where their efforts have brought us to.


• In this life of political correctness anyone who brings up the possibility of controversy, so that we don’t’ create waives, we are told to just agree to disagree, no matter how wrong the other person may be. “In this life my kids are going to be tempted by people who are going to want them to drink alcohol socially. So that I can keep control over their habits I will allow them to drink only at home while I am here. It doesn’t matter if they are under age. They are going to do it anyway.” Or “Johnny has a girlfriend and I know if he hasn’t done it yet he will be soon so I think I will just give him condoms so that he could practice safe sex.” What is fundamentally wrong with these two statements? Are we just to smile and agree to disagree? I think not! I hope Not!


• I have been told that as a Christian I need to be sensitive to others feelings and always show compassion and kindness. Strange, in my bible I don’t always see that. In my bible I see people being called out to follow Christ and walk towards the light and truth. I see people standing steadfast on their belief that there is only one way to Heaven. I don’t ever remember reading a verse that says, “There are many ways to Heaven and as long as you are a good person and do good to others and don’t hurt anyone you will get in.” I think my Bible says that there is only ONE way to heaven and that is thru Christ Jesus not any other way. I must have a bad edition.


With that said, I stand by my writings. We have become a fat and lazy society and we are losing our ability to be the power house we once were. Going towards the norm and feeling comfortable there should not be even a thought because every year our norms diminish quicker and quicker. Oh, you don’t believe me? We have more people now with Type 2 diabetes than ever before. Taking medications are no longer an exception but the norm just to keep us alive. High cholesterol and High blood pressure have become objects of common dinner conversations as we compare whose blood pressure or cholesterol are higher. Now I am suppose to apologize for stating that we all need to get off our fat butts and get moving. I am suppose to apologize for holding my generation accountable for the illnesses of our children and generations to come. I think not, nor will I ever.


My blogs are meant to motivate you to make a difference in your own life and health. My blogs are to make you feel uneasy with your current situation. My blogs are to make you want to prove to me that I am wrong and that we aren’t as bad as I think we are. I WANT YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! I DARE YOU!


I will apologize for one thing though… for not writing this earlier. For that I am sorry.

No comments: