Sunday, June 22, 2014

Misleading again.....



A friend was watching television the other day and asked me a question about a statement Dr Oz made on one of his shows. Dr Oz stated that if a person wanted to lose weight and rev up their metabolism all they had to do is put their hands on hips, stand tall and feet shoulder width apart. I watched him do this stance and then I said, “So how’s it working?” He looked at me and said, “He’s misleading me again?” my response, “Yup”.
I really am getting sick and tired of this so called doctor misleading the public. If I mislead the public as much as him I could not sleep at night. I understand that congress just tore him a new one a few weeks ago. Well, now is my turn.
Dr Oz, and I use that term really lightly, I think that you really have only one thing on your mind, making as much money as you possibly can. You don’t really care about the health of others or you would be more careful about what you put on the air. Just because it may seem like the flavor of the day does not make it right. Just because it may seem like it is cutting edge doesn’t make it right to spread thru the media. How can you say that if a person eats a specific food that they could lose tons of weight? That is a big lie on so many levels. The food we eat is there for the purpose of fueling our bodies and nothing more. It is our activity that helps us lose weight and get us healthy.
Dr Oz, you are a con artist. You tell lies to people and give them false hope and security. I wonder about your morals and if you truly know right from wrong, the truth from lies. You cannot be trusted nor should you be trusted. In this great country of ours, yes we do have the right to say anything thru freedom of expression and freedom of speech. But does that give any one person the right to lie to the public? You spread many false truths and give false hope to the needy. You, in effect, steal people’s money by giving them false hope in the products that you endorse and sell.
I have been a Certified Personal trainer for over ten years now and I have always looked up to the medical community and I must say you, to me, are nothing more than a clown. If I needed to have surgery for an illness and you were the only surgeon available and the only one that could do the surgery, I would rather die first then let you near me.
Do you not do your own research? Do you really believe everything you say? Do you hear everything you are saying? I know that it is great to be on the cutting edge of new and innovative ideas, but what you are conveying to your audience is just not, well, it’s a big lie.
There are people that are so desperate to believe in something that they will follow every word that comes out of your so called PhD mouth. This is not time to lie or tell half truths, but to give them something that is going to benefit them into their future. You can have such a great influence on so many in a positive way, why are you killing it by spreading lies. I could give you examples of the lies that you have told but this letter would read like a novel and that is not my point, you know what lies you have told.
You say you do research, but where is it based and what is your population size and is that population size big enough to really make a good conclusions.
As an example, by putting your hands on your hips, you cannot raise your metabolism. Where the heck did you get that? Really? Drinking Green Bean Coffee Extract will not help you reduce weight. Do I have to give you a lesson in the real purpose of food? Is it only about making money with you? I believe it is and that you will do and say whatever you need to in order to make the millions you want to make. I would ask how you sleep at night but I already know that answer.
Dr. Oz I am calling you out to a debate. I only have a BS degree from Rutgers University but enough is enough. I dear you to debate me on the topic of weight loss and what it really takes to just not get off that unwanted weight but to keep it off for life. I dear you to debate me! However, I don’t think you will because in the end all you are is phony and mere shell of a man. DEBATE ME!

No comments: