Monday, February 9, 2009

Chair Squats


So, how many times can you go up and down on a chair? How many times a day do you get up from your desk at school or work? Well, this week the challengers did just that and for a warm down they did push-ups and planks. Now, let me be more specific and explain each challenge.
With the chair squats every challengers starts in the seated position and when I tell them to get up they get up. When I tell them to sit they sit. They are not allowed to use their hands to push themselves up in any way. They can only use their legs. The winner went 20 minutes and sat down over 500 times.

With the push-ups they would start on the floor and when I told them to come up they did just that. When I told them to go down they did. Sometimes, in my kind-heartedness, I had them go half way up and hold for a count of 20. In the end the winner ended up doing 70 push-ups.

Then finally for a warm down they did planks. Once again you start on your stomach and elbows. When I tell them to rise up they lift their hips up off the ground. Their hips only come up far enough to get off the ground and keep their backs straight. They cannot lift their hips up so high that they make a tee-pee. I would have them hold it for 15 seconds. The winner was able to do 10 minutes worth.

No comments: